Friday, October 24, 2008

Awesome Horror Movie Trailer

Even though I don't work in the film industry, I feel embarrassed when Americans make disastrous horror movies that end up making me laugh. For example, Friday the 13th (release date: 2/13/09). I don't want to laugh, I want to be scared! C'mon, people! You can do better than that!

I just watched this trailer for Let the Right One In, a Swedish film based on a book with the same name by Swedish author, John Ajvide Lindqvist, and I got chills down my spine. When a trailer has that effect on me, I KNOW I have to see it.





Here's a brief synopsis pulled from Apple's site:


"A fragile, anxious boy, 12-year-old Oskar is regularly bullied by his stronger classmates but never strikes back. The lonely boy’s wish for a friend seems to come true when he meets Eli, also 12, who moves in next door to him with her father. A pale, serious young girl, she only comes out at night and doesn’t seem affected by the freezing temperatures. Coinciding with Eli’s arrival is a series of inexplicable disappearances and murders. One man is found tied to a tree, another frozen in the lake, a woman bitten in the neck. Blood seems to be the common denomin ..."


Now what other movie can you think of that can top this one?

No comments: