Friday, December 14, 2007

Babies have their own language!

I was watching a rerun of Oprah yesterday and it's true--babies have their own language! I knew it all along but I could never distinguish all the goo's and gah's. This baby expert from Australia, Priscilla Dunstan, has worked out the secret language that babies speak. She knows exactly what babies want just by listening to their words and how to stop them from crying. She told us about the five words that babies say (I'm not sure what the age range is) but it begins from the time they are newborns.

1) NEH = hungry
2) OWH = sleepy
3) HEH = discomfort (applies to being held the wrong way, etc.)
4) EAIR = lower gas (you know, when you need to check their diapers)
5) EH = burp (put the baby on your shoulder and start patting)

* The first two are pretty self-explanatory so you know what to do, even if you're not a mother. This will probably help me when I'm gonna be a mother, but not anytime soon! haha.

I was getting ready to go to bed, but this came on while I was flipping channels and there I was... glued to the TV and jotting down the five words. This has to be the most interesting Oprah episode by far--and this is why I love Oprah.

Speaking of babies, there's a movie which is out in theaters now called Juno. It looks like a cute teen flick. I noticed Juno (Ellen Page) is Kitty Pryde from X-Men 3 (movie sucked btw) and her love interest (Michael Cera) is from Superbad.



No comments: