Friday, February 15, 2008

From Street Fighter Crisis to Mediocre Thai Restaurant

* Chun Li Drawing: Copyright © 2007 Lisa Ha. All rights reserved.

A friend of mine told me that the movie, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li is currently in pre-production. To my surprise, Kristin Kreuk from Smallville has taken on the role of Chun Li. Oh Hollywood, you have got to be kidding me, right? There are plenty of Chinese actresses out there they could've considered before making their final decision. So what if Kristin did a little kicking stunt in an episode of Smallville? That's not the point! Ming-Na Wen from the original Street Fighter movie (1994) will do 100x better! She's in her early 40s but still looks GREAT and still has the potential to take on the job!


--- break --- (I decided it's better that I kill two birds with one stone—In other words, creating one post for two topics)


I went to a Thai restaurant in Astoria with a good friend of mine. It's called Benjamas Taste of Thai. It was somewhat crowded since it was Valentine's Day but there were only two waitresses. We looked at the menu and waited for about 10-15 minutes. I thought they forgot about us so I had to wave my arms around like I was drowning in the ocean. I ordered (don't remember the Thai name) some flat noodles with eggs, veggies and chicken. My friend ordered green curry with chicken and a side of white rice. The meals were very tasty, the staff was nice but the service could've been a lot better. The total came out to be around $20 which isn't so bad. I doubt I'll go back there anytime soon though. I love Astoria—I'll move out there if I could afford it. That's probably my new eating spot if I choose to dine out again. I won't forget about Manhattan though. Despite the higher prices, my friends and I know a few low-key affordable spots like this awesome sushi place down in St. Mark's Place which I'll blog more about later. It's time to hit the sack. Oh, I'm so excited that tomorrow is Friday! YES!

No comments: